Walk in tubs and showers are a great solution for seniors who want to stay independent and safe in their homes.
These products offer many benefits, such as being easy to use, having nonslip surfaces, and providing support for those with mobility issues. Walk in tubs also have built-in safety features, such as grab bars, which make them even more safe and convenient for seniors. Walk-in Showers for seniors can also be equipped with grab bars and other safety features.
What to Consider When Choosing a Walk-In Tub
When choosing a walk-in tub, it is important to consider whether it will fit into the existing space to avoid an expensive bathroom remodel. When determining the size and shape of a walk-in tub, consider the door swing. The tub door may open inward or outward, so placement and mobility issues should be taken into account. In spite of the fact that an outward swinging door requires more space, it is ideal if the person using the tub is in a wheelchair.
Among the other factors to consider are:
- Filling and draining time of a bathtub
- Surfaces that are heated
- Non-slip surfaces, grab bars, and anti-scald technology are all safety features
- Handles on doors are easy to lock and unlock
- A variety of additional features, including hydrotherapy, aromatherapy, and chromatherapy
- Preventing trips with a low threshold height
- Average price